Welcome to City of Knowledge Islamic School!
A Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited pre-school through 12th grade education
over 20 YEARS STRONG WITH A 100% COLLEGE MATRICULATION RATE
Founded in 1994
built by the COMMUNITY in search of a comprehensive education
City of Knowledge School was established in Pomona, California in 1994 by individuals who were looking to enrich their children spiritually and academically. Since then, the school has been cultivated by a powerful and nurturing community with common values. In 2001, City of Knowledge received its first WASC Accreditation (via the Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and has maintained its accreditation since.
Raising the bar
100% college acceptance by applicants
100% college matriculation
Multiple university scholarships awarded
Average AP pass rate exceeds national levels
Average class size is 12 students
21 years in operation
UC and College Board approved curriculum
Full WASC accreditation
Average of 12 students per class
Qur'an, ethics, and Arabic courses
Various sports teams and clubs
>20,000 hours of community service by seniors
Regular intrafaith and interfaith activities
Over 25 nationalities represented
CITY OF KNOWLEDGE PROVIDES A LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHERE
- Students are encouraged to develop as intelligent, sensitive, and contributing members of society.
- The uniqueness of each individual child is recognized.
- Children are encouraged to acquire competencies that will develop skills of critical and creative thinking, independent judgment, self-confidence, and responsibility.
- Children are empowered to reach their maximum potential through the use of strategies and materials responsive to individual needs.
- The need is recognized for individual assessment of children.
- Instruction is tailored to meet the different needs of children, including students whose primary language is not English.
- The development of a strong feeling of self-esteem is facilitated.